Requirements to Participate
To be considered as a suitable applicant the student must:
- Be from 14 to 17 years old and not turn 18 years during the first semester of his/her programme.
- Be attending a school in his/her country
- Have excellent physical and mental health
- Agree to attend classes and maintain satisfactory standards of work and behaviour.
- Have good English skills – if the student’s English level is not satisfactory the school can require the student to have English lessons before attending the mainstream classes.
- Be mature and flexible so as to be able to accept the school and host family they are placed with.
- Be responsible and follow the school, host family and STB Pacific rules and respect New Zealand law.
- Be prepared to adapt to a new culture with different values and to live in a family with different lifestyle and/or socio-economic level that he/she may be used to in his/her own country.